Saturday 25 April 2009

Windows


So my work is going actually quite well at the moment, although I am worried about the time I have left before I'm meant to be mounting my show. I have a hefty amount still to do and I'm really excited about it, but I'm also thinking I might have planned too much stuff -  I'll have to see how it goes. Over Easter I designed a book cover sculpture for Donna Tartt's novel The Secret History (one of my favourite books), which was meant to be entered in the Penguin Design Competition. I'm extending this model for the show, as well as making some hanging models, based on the Gormenghast Trilogy which I've got plans for being interactive on some level. All this book -related work was sparked off by my exam project on Edgar Allan Poe and the house I produced. This pic shows the house in progress - all the cut pieces arranged together before I glued them, and it shows a lot of the elements and atmosphere that I'm trying to develop in my new pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment